- This event has passed.
July 28 @ 9:00 am - July 29 @ 5:00 pm$200.00
DR is an all-day rifle course that gives the student a firm base of knowledge on engaging threats at close range and in restricted environments. Taught under the guide of US Marine combat veteran Tom Dillon the student will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be effective in a multitude of close-quarters situations.
Additionally, this course is intended to make the student more comfortable manipulating their rifle and gear, engaging threats when under stress, and to learn the basics of intuitive shooting. These are skills that are necessary when engaged in a real world, immediate threat engagement scenario.
This course will all be shot at defensive ranges, and teach the basics of how to handle your rifle in a defensive situation.
Come with an open mind and ready to learn. We are here to share our knowledge and skills, and we expect all students to leave at a higher level of skill than before.
- AR-15, M-16, or AK type rifle that is cleaned and properly functioning
- Minimum of 500 rounds of rifle ammunition
- Minimum 3 functioning and cleaned rifle magazines for caliber
- Rifle Sling, Magazine Pouches, Dump Pouch, etc. (We will not tell you what gear to use. You are here to get comfortable with your gear.)
- Rain or cold weather gear for inclement conditions at an outdoor range
- Appropriate Eye/Ear Protection
- Food and Water for the day