- This event has passed.
December 18, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$70 – $75
Today, the need to possess life-saving skills is more important than ever. Everyday emergencies know no
boundaries, and having the ability to correctly intervene in a medical or traumatic emergency, possibly
within a hostile environment, can mean the difference between life and death for any person involved in
a critical incident.
Taught by CDT Instructor, veteran EMT-Paramedic and US Marine, Gabe Atchison, EMT takes you to
where your self-defense and everyday preparedness meet, in a thorough period of instruction on
various topics such as:
– Violence in today’s America
– Common types of trauma
– Clinical presentation of life threatening injuries and medical conditions
– The difference between medical and psychological “stops”
– Assessment of injured persons
– Identification, demonstration, and proper use of common civilian medical equipment
– Care and evacuation of the wounded in chaotic environments
– Set-up of your Individual First Aid Kit
Also, in this class you will be challenged to:
– Identify injuries and treatment plans
– Immediately address life threatening bleeding and breathing issues
– Evacuate wounded persons to relative safety
– Ensure scene safety
What you’ll need:
– Individual First Aid Kit, if you possess one.
– One pair of old pants and shirt
– Note taking material
– A positive attitude and willingness to learn
Students are encouraged to bring their EDC as well to facilitate incorporating the system they
will use on a daily basis as part of their training *
Whether it’s on the range this weekend, or on the street tomorrow, EMT will help you be more capable
of handling emergencies as they happen, and bring your self-defense training full circle.